Senior Go Developer
Help us in solving the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralize the internet
The role overview
We are looking for a Senior Go Developer in a Massive product startup, fully remote.
What are we doing?
We built a new business model for the internet. The Massive SDK is an alternative to current online monetization. The SDK lets developers charge their users for premium services and in-app items with a little bit of their unused computing resources, rather than ads or money.
The SDK works by analyzing available resources across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices and making that supply accessible to computing needs on the demand side, including scientific calculations, cryptocurrency mining, Monte Carlo simulations, and bandwidth sharing.
Why are we doing this?
The startup’s goal is to build a two-sided marketplace for compute power. That means lots more users offering up a slice of their computing power, future acceptance of mobile devices, and a broader partner list.
Why join Massive?
Who works for us?
You will work closely with outstanding engineers like Volodymyr Rudenko.
- We’re solving some of the biggest networking and infrastructure challenges to help re-decentralized the internet. You’ll work on novel projects that grow your expertise and your innovation is welcome.
- Work when you want, from where you want. Our northstar is the quality and impact of work. We encourage finding the smartest ways to solve problems, rather than the most arduous.
- We’re a fully distributed team. Work from wherever you want (as long as you have good bandwidth).
- Our leadership team is composed of serial entrepreneurs. We’ve built successful companies and aim to create a relaxed environment where engineers can focus on the projects that keep them happy and challenged at work.
What professional skills are important to us?
- 7+ years of experience with systems programming and network programming
- 3+ years of Go experience
- 3+ years of experience working with multi-threaded applications
- Experience in cross-platform development
- Experience with web service development
- Good understanding of IP, TCP, and UDP network protocols
- Strong communication skills, ability to take ownership
- Understanding of company objectives and how to meet goals efficiently
Would be a plus:
- Experience with cloud REST API integrations for client-side applications
- Experience with WebRTC or other streaming clients
- Experience with interprocess interaction (XPC, sockets, agents, daemons, and helpers)
- Experience collecting telemetry from networks and clients
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment services (e.g., AppVeyor)
What to do in the project?
- Build new feature on our backend networking server
- Design and implement new functionality
- Bring innovations and new solutions to current and future challenges
- Define and implement product key metrics
- Work in cross-platform implementation (Windows and Android)
The main stack: Go, C#, C++, Node.js, Python, AWS.
Jason Grad, Co-founder and CEO: Top-1% Yelp sales rep and founding member of Yelp’s national sales team; founder of 2 successfully acquired venture-backed startups, Cheerful and RCVR
Brian Kennish, Co-founder and CTO: Pre-IPO Google engineer, on the teams that launched Google’s first 3 APIs then the Chrome browser; developer of 7 subsequent apps with 1M+ active users, including Disconnect (privacy software available on ~1B users’ computers) and Adblock Fast (an ad blocker with 10M+ users)
Team size and structure?
20 team members. 6 backend developers, designer, frontend engineer.
- Fully remote
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO and sick days
- 401K Retirement Plan
- $50,000 Life Insurance
- $500 WFH reimbursement
- ClassPass Membership
- Opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects
Notice: There is a small test task before the first round of the interview.