æternity is a scalable blockchain platform that enables high-speed transacting, purely-functional smart contracts, and decentralized oracles. Coded in Erlang.
Aeternity jobsall 2
Functional Programmer/ Engineer - Sophia Developer
3 months ago
Aeternity Crypto Foundation Grant Program
4 months ago
mission & principles
A Blockchain for the Masses
Engineered to scale and last, æternity is an easily accessible blockchain platform for the global public. With numerous innovative functionalities and performance far ahead of earlier blockchains, æternity allows its users and community to seamlessly venture into the new era of society, economy, and digital interactions.
At its core, æternity is a blockchain protocol and a smart contract platform that goes beyond what traditional blockchains do. It is designed to be fault-tolerant and perfect for cases with billions of transactions in DEFI and more.
Aeternity Protocol Essentials:
- UNIVERSAL. The æternity protocol is capable of supporting anything that first-generation Smart Contract platforms can-and more.
- DECENTRALIZED. With Satoshi’s legacy at its core, the æternity protocol is built to be decentralized.
- SECURE. æternity was built with security in mind. The reference implementation is written in Erlang, following all standards of high-quality software engineering.
- PUBLIC AND PRIVATE. While by default all on-chain transactions are public on æ mainnet with state-channels private transactions are possible. With the new Hyperchains upgrade private æternity-style chains (e.g. for consortiums) will become real.
- SCALABLE. To scale to billions of users and transactions, the æternity protocol provides trustless off-chain scaling with State Channels technology. With Hyperchains the scalability will be further improved.
- USER FRIENDLY. The protocol-incorporated Æternity Naming System (AENS) enables users to point human-readable names to accounts, contracts, oracles, NFTs and more.
- OPEN-SOURCE. The æternity protocol and all essential developer resources are fully open-source. There are no proprietary licenses whatsoever.
- TRANSPARENT GOVERNANCE. The æternity protocol is governed by miners, AE coin users and developers. Æ coin holders can vote on a regular basis about changes of the software system. Everyone's voice in the ecosystem should be and is considered.
- VERY LOW TRANSACTION FEES. æternity is equipped with native transaction types for managing State Channels, Oracles, and Names, among others. They are all optimized in terms of gas costs.
Mission of the æternity crypto foundation
The æternity crypto foundation is a nonprofit organization established in the Principality of Liechtenstein.
The charitable foundation supports open source development of the aeternity protocol and its surrounding ecosystems.
With focus on blockchain technology, the organization is committed to promote technical excellence and user-friendly applications.
Our goal remains the same: to make the aenode faster, better and lighter and the ae ecosystem more attractive for the users.
The hyperchain network using the aenodes has been designed to attract the Aeternity enterprise customers and their users.
On top of the faster æternity network and hyperchain network the decentralized applications (dapps) can be run with higher performance and in a private context.
Therefore, the whole æternity ecosystem will perform with higher availability, scalability, security and performance.
Main focus is technical advancement of the æternity open source protocol.
Further target areas are the promotion of æternity ecosystems.
- Open Source Development. Foster open source development is main funding focus of the æternity crypto foundation (ACF).
- Research and Education. The ACF supports research and education in the fields of blockchain technology, cryptography and mathematics.
- Community Growth. The ACF is interested in community driven initiatives. Examples are: The æmbassador program and aeknow.org.
culture & values
Our team works remotely from all over the world, therefore our primary communication language of choice is English. The daily work is organized through chat rooms and virtual meetings and we are actively present in Liechtenstein, Bulgaria, Sweden, Germany, Uruguay, Switzerland, India, UK, Ukraine, etc. We organize workshops, events and personal get-togethers in different parts of the world on a regular basis.
Within this team we have several dynamic communities: Management, Blockchain Protocol, Aepps and Developer Tools, Marketing, Education, a Non-Profit Foundation, Incubation and more. To continue growing our blockchain ecosystem, we are excited to continue to expand our international team.
Founded in 2016 by Yanislav Malahov and Nikola Stojanow, æternity is a community funded, open-source, blockchain-based distributed computing platform, headquartered in Vaduz, Vaduz, Liechtenstein.
Blockchain Genesis Block Date: November 27th, 2018
At the moment of writing:
- 30M+ Transactions
- 6K+ Github commits
- 4K+ Names claimed
- 560K+Blocks mined
Aeternity is funded by Fundamental Labs. The org has raised CHF23.6M during the ICO in 2017
- Yanislav Malahov - Co-Founder
- Nikola Stojanow - Co-Founder, CBDO
æternity crypto foundation team:
- Dr. Lydia Atanassova, Member of the Board
- Sascha Valenta, Member of the Board
- Tina Miao, Chief Operating Officer
- Lale Mahrt, Accounting Manager
- Yanislav Malahov, Advisor
Oops. In progress...