a protocol for trading and automated liquidity provision on Ethereum
Uniswap Labs jobsall 1
mission & key concepts
The Uniswap Protocol is the largest decentralized trading and automated market making protocol (often called a DEX, “Decentralized Exchange”) on Ethereum.
1/ A growing network of DeFi Apps, ecosystem development
2/ Provide the Superpowers for DeFi developers. Let them Build Defi apps and tools on the largest crypto project on Ethereum.
3/ Improve automated market making
4/ Explore scaling solutions
5/ Emphasis on governance: keep the protocol community governance effective and clear:
- Uniswap's long term success is closely tied to its ability to attract the best available community talent and to engage in effective long-term, decentralized decision-making.
- Expansion of governance requires both improved tooling (see Sybil) and focused initiatives like governance's Uniswap Grants Program.
- As a result of the active participation in governance by thousands of delegates, the Uniswap core team members plan to participate more directly in governance in their personal capacity.
- Additionally, the core team may delegate votes to others or themselves. Governance efforts will continue to be community-led.
culture & values
The Uniswap Labs team was a major contributor to the Uniswap Protocol and now focuses on building a suite of products to support the Uniswap ecosystem.
Our team is one of the most impactful in crypto.
We are based out of SoHo in New York City with the option to be partially or fully remote depending on the position.
history & achievments
Uniswap was created on November 2, 2018 by Hayden Adams, a former mechanical engineer at Siemens.
Headquarters Regions: Greater New York Area, East Coast, Northeastern US
Uniswap has raised a total of $11M in funding over 1 round. This was a Series A round raised on Aug 7, 2020.
The org is funded by 8 investors. Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures are the most recent investors.
Total Raised: $13.83M
- Trade Volume: $1.2T+
- All Time Trades: 112M+
- Integrations: 300+
- Community Delegates:4,400+
- Hayden Adams - Founder, Chief Executive Officer
- Will Ruben - VP of Product
- Chad DePue - VP of Engineering
- Salman Banaei - Head of Policy
Uniswap Labs’ benefits include unlimited and encouraged time off, 100% company-paid medical, dental, & vision for you and your dependents, 401(k) participation, annual $1,500 education stipend, up to 16 weeks paid parental leave, home office setup stipend for remote employees and daily lunches at NY headquarters (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Uniswap Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO). We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability (including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions), sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, and asexuality), veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, reproductive health decision making or any other protected category.