Bringing access & privacy to Web3 with zero knowledge tech. Mina is the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants.
Mina Protocol jobsall 1
Mission & Key Concepts
Mina is building the privacy and security layer for web3.We are the world’s lightest blockchain, powered by participants. Using zero knowledge technology, Mina is creating the infrastructure for the secure, democratic future we all deserve.
Build on Mina with zkApps, smart contracts powered by zero knowledge. Learn about the technology and stay up to date on upcoming programs and grants.
We're on a mission:
To create a vibrant decentralized network and open programmable currency—so we can all participate, build, exchange and thrive.
- ZKPs Play a Major Role in Web3's Future. State of Zero Knowledge 2022 Survey reveals over 40% of respondents find ZKPs will be highly important in the Metaverse and Web3.
- Mina Blockchain / 22KB/ FIXED SIZE vs. Other Blockchains / 300GB (Disclaimer) / INCREASING SIZE. The Mina blockchain remains ~22kb, enabling users to quickly and directly access the current state from their smartphone and other blockchains.
- Own Your Data.
- Access Mina from Other Chains.
- Connecting Crypto to the Real World
- Every Participant is a Full Node
- A Global Community. Other blockchains are run by powerful ecosystem intermediaries, but Mina is powered by participants.
Culture & Benefits
We work on technologies with the potential to reimagine social structures. It is important to incorporate diverse perspectives from conception through realization. This is your chance to join a small, collaborative team and to work on fascinating cross-disciplinary problems that span cryptography, engineering, product design, economics, and sociology.
We offer competitive compensation both in salary and equity as well as top-of-the-market benefits.
History & Achievements
HQ: SF, USA
In June of 2017, O(1) Labs kicked off an ambitious new open source project to design a layer one protocol that could deliver on the original promise of blockchain—true decentralization, scale and security. Rather than apply brute computing force, Mina offers an elegant solution using advanced cryptography and recursive zero knowledge technology.
The project has come a long way since 2017. Mina is now stewarded by the Mina Foundation, growing its community and ecosystem worldwide. Several testnets have been conducted, and the network has launched successfully on mainnet as of March 2021. Here, developers build powerful zkApps, or decentralized apps based on zero knowledge, so their users can take advantage of dapps without compromising their privacy or security.
While there are still many challenges, Mina is the first project leveraging recursive zero knowledge proofs to enable the world’s lightest, most accessible blockchain.
- Mina has raised a total of $136.7M in funding over 6 rounds. Their latest funding was raised on Mar 17, 2022 from a Initial Coin Offering round.
- Mina is funded by 19 investors. Three Arrows Capital and Circle Ventures are the most recent investors.
Mina is an inclusive open source protocol uniting teams and technicians from San Francisco and around the world.
- Evan Shapiro, CEO, Mina Foundation
- Izaak Meckler, CTO, O(1) Labs
... and others.